CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 12, 2007

A Vindication of the Rights of Woman

As you will see, I have added another book to my current reading list. My brother bought me A Vindication of the Rights of Woman for Christmas, and I've been looking forward to reading it for quite some time now. So, I'll be posting my thoughts daily on the subject matter therein.

I'm thrilled to be delving into this, because I realized this past weekend that although I've studied quite a bit about feminism, there is much more that I need to learn. From liberal feminism to separatist feminism to anarcha-feminism... I never realized there were so many offshoots of first wave feminism! Some of these I agree with, some (like separatist feminism) I most decidedly don't. So, I figured I'd start from the relative beginning, and see how Mary Wollstonecraft's landmark work from 1792 influenced and shaped the first wave, second wave, and third wave feminist movements. If anyone has any experience with this piece, please jump on in and share your thoughts!

0 comments: