CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 19, 2007

Help Your Husband Live to Be 100!

Yes! I just came across this article on Yahoo, and it says that having 4 kids can help a man live to be 100. Well, honey, if you're reading this, you know what this means.... our previous "3 kids limit" is out the window, because I want you around as long as possible!

All right, all right, I'm not going to force Dan to have more kids than he wants to. I'm not going to lie, though, I think it would be fabulous to have four children (no more, however)... perhaps two of each? I know that some people have this perception of feminists as angry, man-hating women who shun motherhood and anything feminine. Perhaps there are feminists like that, but in my personal experience, they're definitely not the norm!

I love children, I adore family, and I think that having a strong, stable home life is one of the most important things people can do as parents to benefit society. I think that too often, both men AND women get caught up in their careers at the expense of family. Now, I believe that careers are (obviously) definitely worthwhile pursuits, and I am not one to issue a blanket statement that advocates women staying home, just by virtue of their gender (see my post here).

No, what I'm advocating is a call for ALL people, both men and women, career parents and stay at home parents, to realize that while careers are important, the home and the family must be valued in our society above all else. By recognizing this and spending time cultivating a home life that leads to happy, well-adjusted children, parents will, ultimately, produce well-adjusted and productive citizens, which is exactly what our society needs.

0 comments: