CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 16, 2007

The Good, The Bad.... and the Bridal?

Whoever says that feminists are all masculine, angry women who decry anything feminine and dressy obviously never met me! I am enthralled with the dresses, the frills and the fashion that are unique to women in today's society (although I realize that what is acceptable dress for men or women is socially constructed, for the most part, but that's another post).

MSN.com has a wonderful slide show of some of the craziest, dressiest, and most unique bridal gowns you'll ever see. While some are fashion creations that I wouldn't touch with a ten-foot pole, and others look like bathrobes made out of roadkill, I must admit that there are some dresses featured here that I am dying to be able to wear! (Sadly, I'm already married--and plan to stay that way--so I don't know when the opportunity will present itself!) This one is my ultimate favorite, which makes total sense when you consider that I adore the fashions of the Tudor, Renaissance, and French Revolution eras. This dress gracefully combined many facets of all of these eras, and I love it! This one is also amazing, although a little unconventional in its amethyst color.

Check these out; they're quite interesting!

0 comments: